Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Body



Before I forget, I need to write about my dream last night. I won't go into detail about all the bizarre aspects that are regular features in my dream time. No, I just want to remember the indescribable realism that I experienced physically last night.
When I was young I was extremely limber. I took for granted this natural ability. I never really developed it. I took maybe one ballet class and the instructor was blown away at how "bendable" I was. "Can you do this?" she'd ask. And sure enough I could.
There is a pose that is extremely difficult for most people and it was second nature to me. It's a combination of the 2 pictures shown. The feet come over your head as in the first picture, and the arms are in front with the elbows bent as in the second picture.
Last night, in my dream I did this pose. I can't put into words the exhilarating feeling that filled my body. I could feel the muscles working just as if I was actually in that position. I have sciatica in my left hip area, and I could feel a slight pinch there as my lower body kicked off the floor. I needed a little help, so I asked someone to hold my feet in front of me to keep them from lifting. So extraordinarily real.
My body remembers...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many planes! I'm glad you were able to experience such joy. Hope I have a great dream tonight!