Friday, April 18, 2014

The journey continues...
I was having a conversation with my son Jay, who is a Business Coach, and we were discussing what it is that makes him distinct from other coaches. Specifically it is his ability to "listen for what's missing."
The interesting thing is I was right in the middle of a struggle with my own dream, Bohemian Romance, the venue. So I asked my son, "What's missing?" and to my surprise he nailed it!
I was struggling with how to articulate the purpose of this venue and very simply he said "It's a place for ideas to arise. An artistic backdrop where one's own self expression can show up. A conduit for possibility."
Thanks Jay!

So as I continue in my quest to bring this vision about, I just want to remind you of the sale on my prints, buy one get one free, and the drawing for a free painting which will be held on April 30th.
Etsy

xoxo,
Susan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so intrigued by your beautiful art. I just read your blog / your story and I can relate to you so much. I have been in creative isolation for years and years and am just now "coming out." I'm working on my art and starting an etsy shop. So much of your journey feels similar to my own....

femme hesse said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story :)
Sometimes I look at that part of my blog and wonder if I should delete it. Then I think again, realizing maybe someone can benefit from the telling.
It brings great joy to my heart knowing you related. Best wishes in your creative journey!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding. I know you are really busy, but I would love some advice from you (about being an emerging artist) if you ever have a moment. I see your email addy on the front page of the blog. Is it ok to contact you for a bit of advice / words of wisdom ? Thanks! xoxo

femme hesse said...

Yes please feel free to contact me!